Alternative recommendations for infants and young children at all stages
Before 6 months1, mothers stopped breastfeeding at least 6 months later.
2. The baby usually starts to add supplementary food at 4-6 months.
3. If it is time for the baby to eat complementary food, he will show dissatisfaction with dairy products. If he sleeps until dawn, he will often wake up hungry.
4. If the mother adds supplementary food to the baby at 6 months or later, some babies will have difficulty chewing and swallowing the food.
5, the best complementary food can choose children’s rice noodles, mashed potatoes, carrot puree, pear puree, apple puree, banana puree and so on.
6, if the complementary food is too dry and hard, add cold water or dairy products that children usually eat.
Before 7 or 6 months, don’t give him gluten-rich things, such as barley, wheat, oats, etc.
8. If you are feeding from a bottle, always clean and sterilize the bottle, because breast milk or milk is a breeding ground for bacteria.
9. If you make food and put it in the refrigerator for later use, remember to mark the date of preparation and do not leave it for too long.
10. If you take out the contents of the refrigerator and thaw it for your baby, don’t put the leftovers back for the next time.
11. If you give your baby thawed food, be sure to re-cook it or heat it in a microwave oven, and then cool it to your baby.
12. Before feeding your baby, be sure to try the temperature of the food yourself.
13. Try to talk to your baby, encourage him to swallow food, make sure that he feels comfortable and relaxed while eating, and let him eat at his own pace.
14. Be patient. Don’t worry too much if your baby refuses solid food at first.
You can continue to try tomorrow.
15. Baby should learn how to push food to the back of his mouth with his tongue.
So if he messes up while eating, don’t worry, everything will be fine.
16. Try to feed your baby at the same time every day so that the baby will gradually develop a habit.
17. Let your baby have his own spoon, so he will try to eat by himself.
Of course, throughout the process, you need to help him with your tune.
18. In six or seven months, your baby will grow the first tooth and grow out through the teeth. You can let him try crude fiber food.
19. When the baby can hold his head and sit upright, you can choose a suitable baby chair for him, be careful not to let the chair close to the side, otherwise the baby’s head may hit the wooden board.
20. When the baby is eating, do not leave him alone.
Move his chair to the table and let him eat with the whole family.
6-12 months your baby starts to like to eat by himself, let him use the spoon, don’t worry about making the table full.
21. Before your baby is 12 months old, do not add salt to his food, because salt will burden his kidneys and may cause dehydration.
22. Between 6 and 12 months, your baby should drink 500ml-600ml of breast milk or formula every day.
23. Your baby has learned to crawl, so he needs more nutritious food to provide physical strength, particles, cereals, fruits, etc.
24. Don’t worry about mixing sweet and salty. Many babies like this flavor. Fruits and chicken are the favorite flavor of many babies.
25. Let the baby try to eat some snacks, which can make him learn to eat again.
If he is teething, he will definitely prefer to grab and eat with his hand instead of using spoons.
26. Snacks should help your baby grab it by hand, but it should be soft enough to chew and swallow.
27. Give the baby a small bowl with a suction pad so that the bowl is fixed on the table and won’t move.
28. The frozen vegetables or fruits in the refrigerator are suitable for chewing babies. You can try frozen peeled gherkins or bananas.
29. If every time you feed your baby a complementary food, he will not look hungry, he can reduce the absorption of dairy products and absorb nutrients from solid food.
30. If the baby feels thirsty between meals, give him water or the milk he usually drinks, and leave the replacement juice for him during the meal.
31. Give your baby cold water. Bottled or canned mineral water may contain high levels of mineral salts.
32. Try to give your baby freshly squeezed fruit juice, and avoid bottled fruit juices for sale, because the sugar and acid contained in the fruit juice will damage the baby’s teeth.Cut down on all juices, because natural sugars can cause dental caries for children of this age, and the replacement ratio should be one serving of fruit juice and five parts of water.
33. When your baby is about one year old, try to let him quit the bottle and replace it with two handle cups or a special training cup.
34. Don’t trust reports that say that honey and fructose are “healthy sugars”. These will damage your baby’s teeth.
After your baby eats these things, you should clean his teeth with a soft toothbrush or a clean cloth.
At this stage of 12-18 months, the baby’s growth rate will slow down and appetite will weaken. If he eats less than before, the mother need not worry at all.
35. Now, you should cultivate his good eating habits.
It is best to eat 5 meals a day. Fruits and vegetables are essential. Breakfast includes a fruit. Vegetables are required for lunch and dinner.
36. If your baby does not like to eat cooked vegetables, you can try to give him raw carrots or cucumbers.
37. When you are cooking vegetables, you should know that the steamed vegetables taste better than the cooked ones, while retaining more nutrients.
38. If there is no way to get your baby to accept vegetables, try cutting the vegetables into small pieces and mixing them in rice or sauce.
39. If you let your baby participate with your family, remember that he needs more calories and aunt than an adult.
40. Generally, the darker the color of fruits and vegetables, the nutritional value of them can be changed. You can choose according to this principle.
Babies from the age of 18 months to 2 years old have an idea and decide what they like or not, so try to provide him with a wealth of food choices, so that the baby will not become a problem for you.
41. If the baby does not want to eat, take the food away instead of forcing him to eat.
42. Give your baby healthy snacks and keep him away from chocolate, potato chips, and jelly.
43. If you don’t want your baby to eat junk food, you must first have healthy eating habits yourself.
44. Eat sugary foods only during meals, because eating other foods at the same time can replace acidity and reduce sugar’s corrosion of teeth.
45. It’s time to let your baby come into contact with new food, which can effectively prevent partial eclipse.
If he does n’t want to eat, do n’t give up the mother, more attempts will be successful.
46. In order to let your baby eat new food, try using a game.
Cover your baby’s eyes, give him something to eat, and let him guess what he’s eating.
Babies may like this method.
47. Excessive food is likely to make the baby have no appetite, so try to make the food in small portions, and give one after you finish.
48. If he doesn’t want to eat certain food, don’t force him to eat immediately, try again later.
49. Make your baby’s recipes rich and varied, and avoid him from eating because he is tired.
50. Try to give him full-fat foods. Baby should not drink low-fat milk until at least 2 years old.
At the age of 2-3, your baby will be happy to work with you in the kitchen.
51. Let your baby cook with you, which can increase his interest in eating.
52, if he tells you that he is hungry, it is best to let him eat immediately, because the baby is likely to be attracted by other things while waiting, and lose his interest in eating.
53, you can start to give him some high-fiber starch, some potatoes, black rice, etc., but not too much, the baby’s belly is easy to fill up.
54. Avoid eating grilled food, it is best to cook or process food in a microwave oven.
55. If your baby loves cream, just apply a thin layer of bread and don’t give him too much.
56, limit the baby to eat sweets, so that the baby’s probability of caries is much smaller.
57. When preparing food, it satisfactorily meets children’s preferences.
For example, you can try to make vegetables colorful, and children will naturally have an appetite.
58. When buying fruits or vegetables, let the baby make his own choice, and the baby will certainly be more willing to eat what he chooses.